Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Bush Presidential Library

I received the following news release by e-mail today. I wish I knew the original source so I could credit them here, but alas, I do not.

**********
BUSH PRESIDENTIAL LIBRARY DESTROYED BY FLOOD

Crawford, Texas--This morning, a tragic flood destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. The flood began in the bathroom where both books were kept. A White House spokesman said the President was devastated, especially since he had almost finished coloring the second book. The White House tried to contact FEMA, but there was no answer.

**********

(For the record, I do not think the President is as dumb as most people think. I agree with
Scott Adams, who said, "I think he is smarter than 90% of the public. But many politicians are smarter than 99% of the public, so the difference can seem disturbing.")

1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PR, That "news release" was funny. In response to your comment, I don't really think that most politicians are necessarily all that intelligent or "smart." They're just very politically savvy. Certainly Bush 43, Clinton, and Reagan didn't get elected because they were the smartest or most qualified people in the country. But they had the political connections and the desire to make it to the White House. Bush 41 was probably the most qualified president in my lifetime -- but that didn't seem to help him. There are plenty of people in this country who are very qualified to be president but would never consider going into politics. David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home