Friday, May 05, 2006

The Realtor's Mercedes

What is it with Realtors® and their insistence on driving expensive cars?

Almost every time I go to an open house, I see the Realtor's® $70k Mercedes, $60k Land Rover or $50k Lexus in the driveway.

I know they've had a good run lately, but why do they insist on rubbing it in people's faces?

The expensive cars only remind me how much of my money Realtors® take for a minimal amount of effort - 3% or 6% of the selling price for about 20 hours of work.

That's probably not the message Realtors® want to send.

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How old are those Mercedes? Mine is 14 years old and still running well. Replacement parts are admittedly very expensive, but you won't need many replacements (unless you crash it): headlamps, a new battery, and such. At least that's been my experience with two of them. A Mercedes will last a long time, and a realtor needs a reliable vehicle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home