Friday, April 06, 2007

Is Earthlink Politically Biased?

I’ve been a customer of Earthlink for a number of years, but I’m starting to grow tired of them. First of all, their DSL service leaves a lot to be desired - slow connections, random disconnects - it’s annoying. But now I’ve encountered the final straw.

I think Earthlink is biased against Republicans.

What's my evidence?

I’m sure Perry Mason wouldn’t base a case on this, but check out the images below.

Earthlink’s ScamBlocker categorizes LittleGreenFootballs.com and MichelleMalkin.com as possible scams and warns me to “proceed with caution”. In fact, with LGF, they want me to “proceed with extreme caution”.

But the DailyKos and Huffington? No problems there.








3 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting theory. I write Earthling, EarthLink's blog. Scamblocker doesn't know from politics -- there must be something else going on here. I'll check with the team and see why these sites might be coming up with a warning, and how we can fix it.

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the Product Mgr for ScamBlocker, I assure everyone that there is no political bias involved with ScamBlocker. ScamBlocker simply analyzes each website for specific characteristics common with known scam websites. The pages in question where flagged as suspicious only because they contained specific elements that are seen in phishing or scam websites. ScamBlocker, by design, alerts users of the possibility of suspicious activity only to protect users from being scammed not to discourage them from surfing to legitimate sites.

 
At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your articles by searching on "earthlink scamblocker huffington" because every time I go to the Huffington Post, I get bright red SCAM warnings, page after page. So it's my opinion that if Earthlink is biased, it's FOR Republicans, not against. Try it again yourself--it comes up every time I click on any article, but doesn't always show up when I first get there--have to click on something first. Let me know what you get.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home