Tuesday, March 28, 2006

U.S. Immigration Policy or How to Save a Sinking Ship

If you're ever at sea and your ship springs a leak, how would you save it?

According to the
U.S. Congress, you should:

1) Ignore the leak.
2) Accept the fact there's a lot of water in your ship.
3) Give the water quasi-amnesty or "passenger status".

At least that's how they're approaching our
illegal immigration problem.

Being a logical engineer-type, my approach would be:

1) Seal the leak so no more water gets on board.
2) Bail the water out of the ship.
3) Make sure there are no more leaks.

But, of course, I'm just a U.S. citizen, so who cares what I think?

1 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Blogger Capt. Mike said...

Spot on Phantom! Being a sailor your comments struck a cord. I could not have said it better myself so I have linked to you from my blog.
http://beercanpolitics.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home